To know if obedience to God brings blessing, we must first clarify the term obey. God endowed man with multiple senses and obedience is linked to one of them. Obeying is listening.
That is why obedience has to do with listening; in our spiritual senses it goes beyond hearing; it is aligning with God regarding his will and the purposes he has for our lives; it is precisely there where obedience to God brings blessing to our lives.
Sharpening our spiritual ears
To recognize the voice of God, we must first know him; and to know him is to seek him. God is at the door and our hearts must be attentive to his call. He has always looked for us:
“Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door; I will come in to him and dine with him and he with me “Revelation 3:20 (KJV)
You can see how in this promise, obedience to God brings blessing to our lives through the invitation he takes us through his call.
By sharpening our spiritual ears, we must have habits that facilitate that closeness with God; among which, the most important will be prayer and the reading of the word
“My son, be attentive to my word; he inclines your ear to my reasons” Proverbs 4:20 .
Who obeyed God?
In the scriptures, there are many testimonies of people who obeyed the voice of God; He manifested himself in different ways and those who listened to him could see how his blessing was poured out on their lives.
- Noah obeyed by making the ark and achieved a blessing by not perishing in the flood.
- Abraham obeyed by going to sacrifice his son Isaac on the Mount and this act made God bless his offspring.
- Jacob obeyed God and his generation was great.
- Moses obeyed God and freed his people.
- David obeyed God and was called his friend.
- Joseph obeyed God by taking the Virgin Mary as his wife; he had the blessing of raising and caring for Jesus; to the King of Kings, Lord of Lords as his son.
- Jesus obeyed God and to this day we are blessed by the price of his obedience.
Obedience to God brings blessing, it is an affirmation of its own, palpable. You can see and feel it when you break the veil of your heart and commune with it, let it take control and everything else will be added.
- 5 Stories Of Obedience In The Bible And How to Obey God
- 5 Examples of obedience in the bible
- Meaning of Obedience is better than sacrifice 1 Samuel 15:22
Blessings of Obedience to God
Infinite are the blessings of God to our lives; numerous are the promises of his immense love and care for us his children; he wants great things, to fill us with his power, his glory, and his strength. God has called us to face the battles because he will supply everything that is needed.
- God will provide you, prosper you, and give you peace, strength, company, and courage.
- It will save your life, your entrances, and your exits.
- You will be blessed in your work, in what you touch with your hands, in your family.
- He will cover your life with his favor. Obedience to God brings blessings that go beyond the limit of reason.
“And all these blessings will come upon you, and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God. Deuteronomy 28:2”
Read the word of God
Delve into the word and scrutinize within it, search in the depth of what God speaks so that there is the revelation in your life; within the scriptures there are promises; you will find your purpose and better yet you will be close to the voice of God.
Seek God in the reading of the word; He will answer whatever request is in your heart. But he knows the precepts and commandments of it. Be obedient.
In intimacy with God
Prayer is the only means by which we can speak directly to God; through it we activate the power of God in our lives and help us develop our spiritual ears to listen to him.
Blessed God, glory and honor be to you at all times.
Thank you for loving me and blessing me with your presence.
For speaking into my life and giving me a purpose.
Teach me every day to listen to your voice and that I don’t forget any of your benefits.
Guide me and do not let me stray from the path.
Forgive my sins and cleanse my heart.
Strengthen me in the face of weakness.