The Psalm 91 was written by Moses and may have been a psalm sung in the desert and used by the Levites in their worship.
The Psalm begins with a firm statement that God is our refuge, our fortress, our place of safety.
The verses of Psalm 91 are among the most beautiful words in the Bible. Read carefully and reflect:
- This Is The Day The Lord Has Made: Psalm 118: 24 Meaning
- Psalm 23- The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want meaning and verse
- Psalm 46:5; God is within her she will not fail kjv meaning
PSALM 91 COMPLETE BIBLE VERSES
1. He who dwells in the hiding place of the Most High, in the shadow of the Almighty, will rest.
2. I will say of the Lord: He is my God, my refuge, my strength, and I will trust in him.
3. For he will deliver you from the snare of the birdman, and from the pernicious pestilence.
4. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings, you will trust thee; its truth will be your shield and buckler.
5. Thou shalt not be afraid of the terror by night or of the arrow that flies by day,
6. Neither of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the slaughter that lays waste at noonday.
7. A thousand will fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but you will not be struck.
8. Only with your eyes will you behold, and you will see the reward of the wicked.
9. For thou, O Lord, art my refuge. In the Most High you made your dwelling.
10. No harm shall befall you, nor shall any plague come to your tent.
11. For his angels he will command over thee, to guard thee in all thy ways.
12. They will support you in their hands so that you do not stumble with your foot on a stone.
13. Thou shalt tread the lion and the snake, tread under foot the lion’s son and the serpent.
14. Because he loved me so dearly, I will also deliver him, I will put him in high retreat because he has known my name.
15. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in anguish; I will take it away from it, and glorify it.
16. I will satisfy him with long days, and show him my salvation.
- Opening prayer for a meeting and Bible study
- Thoughts of good and not of evil. Jeremiah 29:11explanation
- Powerful Ways to Awaken the Spirit And Live A Full Life In Christ
Psalm 91 video
About Psalm 91
These are wonderful words of comfort. Psalm 91 speaks of God as the Protector of those who trust in Him.
Psalm 91 is one of the most important works ever written. It is impossible to imagine anything more beautiful, more solid, deeper, or more ornate.
Could Latin or any other modern language fully express all the beauty and elegance of these verses?
There is certainly no poem, in Greek or Latin, comparable to this Hebrew ode.
God protects those who trust Him. Learn to stand in the presence of the Lord, learn to dwell in the hiding place of the Most High, and dwell in the shadow of the Almighty. There you will find God’s protection, you will neither be destroyed nor defeated. You will find what God has in store for your life.
Let’s practice love and trust in God. As we become more aware of His constant presence in our lives, we become protected and immune from evil.