Starting the day talking to the Lord, aware of his presence and his love, makes a difference. Spending time with the Lord first thing in the morning brings encouragement and peace to the heart. These short prayers for the morning and portions of the Psalms can serve as inspiration.
12 Good Morning prayers to start your day with God
- Thank you, Father God, for this new day that you allow me to start. Thank you for your care during the night and for the health, you grant me today. Please take care of me and my family on this day. May we be under your protection at all times, may we listen to you and obey you throughout the day.
Thank you because we always count on your presence and your love. In the name of Jesus, amen.
Fill us with your love in the morning,
and all our lives we will sing for joy.
- Beloved Father: today I want to be satisfied with your love and sing with joy because you are my God.
- Lord, thank you that today I can open my eyes and see the sunlight. Thank you that I can hear the birds and the voice of those I love. Thank you because I have something for breakfast and a place to live. I thank you for my family and friends, for my work, and for your constant care. Today I want to live according to your will. Help me to please you in everything. In the name of Jesus, amen.
But I will sing to your power, and in the morning I will praise your love;
because you are my protector, my refuge in times of anguish.
- Father God, my beloved Lord. This morning I praise your name and exalt you because you are my protector. Thank you because you take care of me every day and help me in the midst of the difficulties that come my way. Today I want to glorify you in everything I do. Help me to show your love to those around me and to be more like Jesus for your glory and honour. Amen.
- Lord, join me and guide me on this day.
Praise, my soul, the Lord; Let my whole being praise his holy name.
Praise, my soul, the Lord, and do not forget any of the benefits of him.
- I praise and glorify you today for all your goodness and your great love. Help me to notice you on this day, beloved Lord. Direct my steps so that I know what to do in the midst of every situation. Father, I put in your hands all the tasks that I have to do today. Help me to be efficient, to use my time well and the resources that you have given me. Help me also to bless my family and treat all people as you want me to. I want to shine for you on this day. In the name of Jesus, amen.
In the morning, Lord, you hear my cry;
In the morning I present my prayers
to you, and I await your answer.
- Father, thank you because you hear my cry every morning. Thank you for all the prayer answers I have received in my walk with you. I praise you for your great fidelity!
- Lord, how nice it is to know that you are with me! Thank you because your presence accompanied me during the night and I know that you will continue to be by my side throughout the day. I want to live for you! Help me to understand what your will is for my life on this day. In the name of Jesus, amen.
- Thank you, Dad, for the light of this new dawn. How many beautiful things surround me! I want to be aware of the beauty around me instead of focusing on the negative. Help me fill my heart with the joy that comes from you. Help me also to make decisions that make your heart happy. I want to live within your will!
I ask you to take care of and protect everyone I love today. May your powerful hand be over each of us, keeping us from all evil. Thank you that we are yours for eternity. Amen.
To the mountains I raise my eyes;
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
creator of heaven and earth.
- I see nature and think of your greatness. I praise and adore you this morning, my Creator and my Lord!
You should pray like this:
“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one,
for yours are the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.
Great is the Lord, and worthy of all praise;
his greatness is unfathomable.
- Beloved Father, may my heart be close to yours today. I want to be more like you. Help me hold on to you in the midst of the daily grind. May I never forget that I count on you in the midst of any situation.
Lord, I want to give importance to what is important to you. May all my actions and my words be to your liking on this day. Guide me and help me, Dad. In your hands, I am today and forever, amen.
- Lord and beloved Father, shine through my life today! I want to reach others with your light and with your love. Amen.
This is the day the Lord acted;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
- Lord, on this new day I cling to your promises. I want to focus on what you say about me, about my family and about our situations. Help me to listen to your voice to receive the encouragement and comfort that you want to give me today.
I want to rejoice in you! I want to think of all the good things you have given me and my family. You have been very faithful! Today I want to keep my eyes on you and walk the path you want. Give me the strength to achieve it. I love you, Lord, and I want to live for you! In your name, Jesus, amen.