What’s the bible verse about love
Here are 39 bible verse about love
What does the bible say about love, brethren below are 39 bible verses about love.
Loving someone can inspire you to accomplish some of the most amazing feats you’ll ever undertake.
It’s noted that Couples who wish to show their devotion to each other and to their faith often turn to Bible verses about marriage when planning their nuptials.
Therefore, These scriptures on love from the Holy Book serve as spiritual and sentimental reminders of the love that you share, and provide you with a
way to honor your religious beliefs while celebrating with friends and family.
You can use these highlighted Bible verses about love to express the joy, gratitude and happiness that you feel toward your significant other while paying tribute to your faith.
READMORE: HOW TO LIVE A HOLY LIFE PLEASING TO GOD AS A TEENAGER
Here are 39 Bible verses about love
1. 1 John 4:8 – He that loves not knows not God; for God is love.
2. 1 Corinthians 13:13 – And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
3. Ephesians 4:2 – Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
4. 1 Peter 4:8 – Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
5. 1 John 4:7 – Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
6. 1 John 4:9 – In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
7. 1 John 4:18 – There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has torment. He that fears is not
made perfect in love.
8. Song of Solomon 4:10 – How fair is your love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is your love than wine! and the smell of your ointments than all spices!
9. Song of Solomon 8:6 – Set me as a seal on your heart, as a seal on your arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel
as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which has a most vehement flame.
10. Ephesians 5:33 – However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect
11. Colossians 3:14 – And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
12. Proverbs 10:12 – Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.
13. Proverbs 17:17 – A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
14. Song of Solomon 8:7 – Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.
15. John 15:13 – Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
16. Proverbs 17:17 – A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
17. 1 Corinthians 13:13 – And now stays faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
18. Ephesians 5:25 – Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
19. Colossians 3:14 – And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfection.
20. Song of Solomon 1:2 – Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for your love is better than wine.
21. Song of Solomon 2:16 – My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feeds among the lilies.
22. 1 Peter 4:8 – And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of
ALSO READ: 7 secrets to overcoming marital delay
23. 1 John 3:16 – Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
24. John 8:13 – The Pharisees challenged him, “Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid.”
25. Romans 12:9 – Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
26. Romans 13:10 – Love does no harm to its neighbour.
Therefore love is the fulfilment of the law.
27. Proverbs 5:19 – Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy you at all times; and be you ravished always with her love.
28. 1 John 4:18-19 – There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us.
29. John 15:13 – Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
30. Ephesians 5:25 – Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
31. Psalms 42:11 – Why are you cast down, O my soul? and why are you disquieted within me? hope you in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my
32. 1 Corinthians 13:4 – Charity suffers long, and is kind; charity envies not; charity brags not itself, is not puffed up
33. Proverbs 10:12 – Hatred stirs up strifes: but love covers all sins.
34. Proverbs 13:24 – He that spares his rod hates his son: but he that loves him chastens him betimes.
35. Galatians 2:20 – I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave
himself for me.
36. John 5:24 – “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.”
37. John 11:25 – Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even though they die;”
38. John 17:3 – Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
CHECK OUT: 45 Bible Verse For Encouragement
39. 1 Thessalonians 4:16 – For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of
the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
What is love? Love is kindness, and also an adventure.
Listed above are 39 verses about love.
For additional verse, use the comments box and share with others.