Do you want to know how the word of God is alive and effective? Here we will leave you some examples of how God fulfills his promises. You don’t have to worry anymore if you feel alone or discouraged. The Lord always fulfills what he says and here we will show you with some verses. We invite you to stay with us.
The word of God is living and active – The fulfillment of its promises.
We find an analysis of the nature of how the word of God is alive and effective. Here are some verses:
Hebrews 4:12: 12 For the word of God is quick and active, sharper than any two-edged sword; it penetrates to where it divides the soul and the spirit, the joints, and the marrow; judge the feelings and thoughts of the heart.
The word of God is not dead. It’s not just ink on paper. She is alive, and wherever she goes, she brings life. It is more powerful than all the lies Satan has filled the world with.
The Bible also reveals that the human being is a trinity (body, soul, and spirit), created by God in the image of the divine Trinity (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit). The only way to learn to distinguish between soul and spirit is through the word of God.
It is the only instrument sharp enough to penetrate and separate what comes from the soul and what comes from the spirit. Paul says that the human soul does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, because they are spiritually different.
- 1 Corinthians 2:14: But the animal man does not receive the things that are of the Spirit of God, because they are foolishness to him, and he cannot know them, because they are judged spiritually.
The Word can also split the joints and the marrow. This illustrates the remarkable penetration of the Word, which is deeper than a surgeon’s knife or the inquisitions of psychiatrists. It is the only tool capable of directly approaching the depths of the human personality.
- Someone once told me: “When you read the Bible, the Bible also reads you.
This says a lot, the word of God is alive and effective than to make the philosophical points of life worthless when you start reading the Bible.
It is from here that you can begin to see yourself from a different perspective. Your self-importance, your pride, your arrogance, and your intellectual confidence will begin to weaken as you come into contact with the Scriptures. You won’t believe it, but the Word will be doing its work in your life.
Paul wrote to believers who had responded to the gospel in wonderful ways:
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13: Therefore we thank God continually because when you received the word of God, which we made you hear, you received it, not as the word of men, but as it is. It is true, as the word of God, acting in you who believe.
What the living and effective word of God will do in us depends in part on how we receive it. When we receive the word of God, we have access to something truly extraordinary.
- 2 Peter 1: 3-4: As his divine power has given us everything that contributes to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and virtue, which assures us the greater part and the most precious promises, so that through them they may become partakers of the divine nature, fleeing from the corruption that exists in the world through lust,
What an amazing statement! The omnipotent and divine power of God has already given us everything we are going to need! The New Age preaches that anyone can become a god.
Obviously, this is incorrect for the simple reason that God was not created; it is we who were created. It would be delusional to believe that a creature could not have been created. But by receiving and fulfilling the promises of God’s word, we become partakers of God’s nature. This is the key to our success. It is the most precious gift that God has given us.
The word of God is alive and effective and causes special effects
In his letter to the Thessalonians, Paul says that the word of God is living and powerful and that it works actively in those who believe in it. We would like to highlight eight “ special effects ” that the word of God can have in your life.
1. The word of God is alive and effective in giving us true faith
The word of God is alive and effective in giving us true faith, we can see this in the example of this soldier. Let’s see his testimony:
- During World War II, I spent a whole year in a hospital somewhere in the Sahara desert. He had a skin condition that doctors were unable to cure. He was new to being a Christian and he said to himself, “I know that if I had faith, God would heal me. But I always added: “But I have no faith.” Finally, one day, the passage from:
- Romans 10:17 So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard from the word of Christ.
If we don’t have faith, we can get it. We don’t need to be unfaithful. In New Testament times, most people who could read did so out loud, even if they only read to themselves. We benefit from reading aloud because faith comes from hearing what we read.
2. The word of God is alive and effective and gives rise to the new birth.
In fact, it is through his Word that we enter the divine family.
- 1 Peter 1: 22-23 Having purified your souls by obeying the truth to have sincere brotherly love, love one another ardently with all your hearts, because you have been regenerated, not by corruptible seed, but by incorruptible seed, by the living word and permanent of God.
The ” incorruptible seed ” is the word of God that is received into the heart by faith and thus produces the new birth. The nature of the seed determines the nature of the life that comes from it. If you plant an apple tree seed, you won’t get an orange tree! The word of God is incorruptible and the life that he gives is equally incorruptible. It is divine, holy, and eternal.
3. The word of God is alive and effective as spiritual food.
Once you are born again, you need food. The word of God gives us what is suitable for our need for spiritual growth. Spiritual children need milk:
- 1 Peter 2: 2 desire, as newborns, spiritual and pure milk, so that by it they may grow to salvation,
Many of us testified that the thing we longed for most right after being born again was to read the Bible. We were born perfectly healthy, and as healthy children, we had a healthy appetite for the only thing that could really feed us.
As we age, we need more solid foods. The writer addresses the Jews, who knew the Scriptures because it was part of their education, and tells them what some of us need to hear today, that we must be better than we are for all we know.
- Hebrews 5: 12-14 For you who should have been teachers for a long time, you still need to be taught the first rudiments of the oracles of God, you have come to need milk and not solid food. And whoever drinks from it has not experienced the word of justice; because he is a boy.
4. It is necessary to apply the word of God to mature.
We must recognize the forces we are up against. You will not be able to drink more than milk if you do not deeply love the word of God. Solid food is for those who have regularly and diligently practiced, exercised, and applied the Word.
5. The word of God is alive and effective and gives us inspiration
- Psalm 119: 130 The revelation of your words gives light; gives understanding to the simple.
The revelation of the word of God in our minds and in our hearts enlightens us. It is different from instruction. Education is not light, because one can be educated and be in total darkness. Do you want to be educated, but you also want to acquire wisdom? It is not the same thing. Being polite is helpful, but it doesn’t enlighten.
6. The word of God is alive and effective and brings physical healing
- Psalm 107:17-20 The foolish by their sinful behavior and their iniquities were made miserable. Their souls abhorred all food, and they approached the gates of death.
These people were on the verge of death, but one day they realized that maybe they could pray and get help this way. And God “delivered them out of their distress.” He notes the three things that God does when he sends his Word: save, heal, and deliver.
These three great acts of God’s mercy are to save from sin, heal from sickness, and deliver from the power of demons. This is essentially how God works through his Word.
- Proverbs 4: 20-22 My son, listen carefully to my words, listen to my words. Do not turn away from your eyes; Keep them in the bottom of your heart;
- Romans 10:17 So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard from the word of Christ
- Proverbs 4: 20-22 My son, listen carefully to my words, listen to my words. 21 Do not depart from your eyes; Keep them in the bottom of your heart;
7. The word of God is living and active, and the key to victory over sin and Satan.
Many young people wonder if it is possible to lead a truly pure life. Most educators tell them it’s impossible. However, the Bible says otherwise:
- Psalm 119:9-11 How will a young man cleanse his way? Going according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me deviate from your commandments.
We should thank God for reading the scriptures and being fulfilled over and over again among the youth.
8. The word of God is living and effective, and cleanses us. She makes us holy and pleasing to her.
- Ephesians 5: 25-27 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the Church and gave himself up for her, to sanctify her with the word, after having purified her by water baptism,
Gentlemen, this is not a suggestion, this is an order! How was Jesus able to obtain a holy and spotless bride? By purification at the source of the word of God. The word of God sanctifies and purifies us. God redeems us with the blood of Jesus’ sacrifice.
He purifies and sanctifies us with the source of his Word. We need both. We need to be redeemed by blood so we can be cleansed by his Word.
- James 1: 23-25 For if anyone hears the word and does not put it into practice, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror, and after looking at himself goes away and forgets as soon as he was.
When you look in the mirror and discover that something is wrong, you are doing the right thing and you are trying to fix it. If it’s your hair, you comb it. James says that we should do the same when we look at ourselves in the mirror of God’s word. Then we see our spiritual aspect, and we must act according to the reflection that it sends us.
When God first reveals to us the reality of our own sins, and we immediately act on that revelation by repenting, believing, and obeying the gospel, then the next time we look in the mirror, we will see how God now sees us through Christ, that is, forgiven, purified and justified, a new creation. We were created to understand that a glorious miracle has occurred.
As you can see, the word of God is alive and effective, and this is constantly demonstrated in our lives, in health, in strengthening our faith, in all aspects. Do not hesitate to read the word to find the solutions and answers you need. We hope have helped you with this information. God bless you.