What are the bible verse about love of God
What does the bible say about love of God, God so loved us that he gave his son. brethren below are 40 bible verses about love of God.
Love can inspire you to accomplish some of the most amazing feats you’ll ever undertake.
It’s noted that Couples who wish to show their devotion to each other and to their faith often turn to Bible verses about marriage when planning their nuptials.
Therefore, These scriptures on love from the Holy Book serve as spiritual and sentimental reminders of the love that you share, and provide you with a way to honor your religious beliefs while celebrating with friends and family.
You can use these highlighted Bible verses about love of God to express the joy, gratitude and happiness that you feel toward your significant other while paying tribute to your faith.
40 Bible verses about love of God
1. 1 John 4:8 – He that loves not knows not God; for God is love.
2. 1 Corinthians 13:13 – And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
3. Ephesians 4:2 – Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
4. 1 Peter 4:8 – Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
5. 1 John 4:7 – Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
6. 1 John 4:9 – In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
7. 1 John 4:18 – There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love.
8. Song of Solomon 4:10 – How fair is your love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is your love than wine! and the smell of your ointments than all spices!
9. Song of Solomon 8:6 – Set me as a seal on your heart, as a seal on your arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which has a most vehement flame.
10. Ephesians 5:33 – However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
- 23 Bible verses for Obedience
- 30 scriptures about thanksgiving
- 5 Ways to build your faith in God
- 5 signs when God wants to move you to bigger blessings.
- 5 Stories Of Patience in the Bible- examples of Patience in the Bible
11. Colossians 3:14 – And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
12. Proverbs 10:12 – Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.
13. Proverbs 17:17 – A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
14. Song of Solomon 8:7 – Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.
15. John 15:13 – Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
16. Proverbs 17:17 – A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
17. 1 Corinthians 13:13 – And now stays faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
18. Ephesians 5:25 – Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
19. Colossians 3:14 – And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfection.
20. Song of Solomon 1:2 – Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for your love is better than wine.
- Ephesians 3:20 meaning, full explanation
- 20 best online christian universities 2021
- Short Prayer For Healing And Recovery
- 25 Bible verses about winning
- 25 Sunday Morning Prayer Points
21. Song of Solomon 2:16 – My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feeds among the lilies.
22. 1 Peter 4:8 – And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
23. 1 John 3:16 – Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
24. John 8:13 – The Pharisees challenged him, “Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid.”
25. Romans 12:9 – Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
26. Romans 13:10 – Love does no harm to its neighbour. Therefore love is the fulfilment of the law.
27. Proverbs 5:19 – Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy you at all times; and be you ravished always with her love.
28. 1 John 4:18-19 – There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us.
29. John 15:13 – Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
30. Ephesians 5:25 – Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
Why are you cast down, O my soul? and why are you disquieted within me? hope you in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
1 Corinthians 13:4
Charity suffers long, and is kind; charity envies not; charity brags not itself, is not puffed up
Hatred stirs up strifes: but love covers all sins.
He that spares his rod hates his son: but he that loves him chastens him betimes.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
“Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.”
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even though they die;”
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
What is love? Love is kindness, and also an adventure.
Listed above are 40 Bible verses about love of God.
For additional verse, use the comments box and share with others.