1 Corinthians 13:13, Love is more than everything
“And now faith, hope, and love remain, these three; But the greatest of these is love.” (1 Corinthians 13:13).
Faith and hope are two virtues that we cannot do without. By faith, we can live with an attitude of hope, trust, security, and action.
Faith is the force that moves us. Hope is an important ally to achieve our goals. To achieve our goals. To achieve levels of personal development and maturity in life.
However, and although these two virtues are so important to our lives, there is a virtue that outweighs these two. The virtue of love.
Love is superior because it allows the human being to rise to the top of the cusp of personal development. Whoever loves has understood the essence of Christianity, of the relationship with God, and of the divine mystery.
You can do many things, you can have faith, you can have hope, but if all these are not accompanied by love, then nothing has been understood.
Love is not only a disposition of the heart but also of the mind. Love is a rational act that is projected towards oneself and towards others.
Whoever loves has overcome all limitations of the flesh. Who loves is on another level. A step forward. He has the handling of the situation. It is not subject to circumstances. He is mature, he is strong, he is objective, he is a leader, he is an inspiration.
WHAT IS LOVE ALL ABOUT?
- Love is about treating others how you will love to be treated (Matt. 7:12)
1b. Love is about putting yourself in the shoes of others
- Love is about possessing a healthy consideration for the feelings, emotions and hurts of others. (Luke 10:25-37)
In your actions, you put human feelings into consideration
2b. Love is about sensitivity to the hurts and emotions of others
- Love is about the maintenance of goodwill and kindheartedness towards others (Luke 6:38; Gal. 6:1)
What you don’t like you must lack; what you don’t celebrate will not happen for you
You may not have anything to give to people but at least wish them well
No star is shining at the expense of another
Wish your spouse, colleagues and friends well
Don’t let someone bring bad news to you and you celebrate it
3b. Love is about the possession of thoughtfulness and positive feelings towards others
- Love is about adding to the joy and fulfillment in the lives of others
4b. Love is about giving others meaning and reason for living
This is putting smiles on the faces of people; you are the reason for their laughter
When was the last time somebody smiled because of you?
- Love is about making a positive difference in the lives of others
The purpose of contact is positive impact; contact without impact is a waste
5b. Love is about bringing positive change into the lives of others
There are those that bring disastrous change to the lives of others
When was the last time someone experienced change that is positive because of you?
- Love is about doing good for others without expecting repayment or rewards in return
When you do things for people because of what they can pay you, that does not love action, that is a business transaction
6b. Love is about unconditional goodness and kindness towards others
- Love is about interrupting your schedule or journey to pay attention to someone in need
7b. Love is about making others the priority of your attention and effort, especially in their times
of desperate need (1Sam. 30:8; Job 42:10)
In the walk of love, once in a while, you set aside your life’s priority because someone is in need
Once in a while, the necessity of others demands that one sets aside their life’s priorities to help someone in need
- Love is about coming to the level of others, where necessary, in order to bring them up.
8b. Love is about stepping low, where necessary, to help the grounded and stranded
- Powerful Prayers for him to love me
- John 3:16: God so loved the world that He gave His Son Meaning
- 5 Good things God loves in the bible
WHAT IS THE WAY OF LOVE?
- Love is the nature of God; the closer we walk with God, the more of His nature we manifest (1 John 4:8; 2Cor. 3:18)
If you do not love people you may be religious but you are not spiritual
- Love is not just an emotion, love is a decision; it is not about what you feel, it is about what you will (Mark 12:30)
Love is not about what you feel, it is about what you will
- Love is a spiritual fruit that is subject to growth and development (Gal. 5:22)
Love beautifies the person, makes him more pleasant, more inspiring.