A powerful prayer to overcome depression and Anxiety for someone feeling sad and depressed
There is can not be a celebration in the midst of depression, to fight this, we have put together prayers for depression with bible verses to help you overcome it.
Depression is not a mental illness, This is because God alone can bring true happiness.
God can help you if you’re struggling with various kinds of problems in life.
Our God is a kind and loving father, He can turn around your life and remove all the sadness but that’s only if You believe.
When believers pray, God can save them, If you feel depressed, you can overcome it with these prayers for depression.
What is Depression
Medically, depression is seen as an illness that involves the body, mood, and thought of a person. Simply put, depression is an act of feeling sad and suppressed emotions.
we saw a biblical example of depression in 1 Sam 30:4 and 6a when David wept, ‘Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep. And David was greatly distressed’
David wept until there was no longer strength for him to weep again. The truth is, depression deprives a person of the energy to pursue. And what is not pursued cannot be restored. The inability to pursue is the reason for deficiency in restoration.
Depression is a confirmation of defeat. You cannot be depressed and attain your destiny. There is no celebration in depression, and there can be no restoration where there is depression.
checkout the powerful prayers to fight depression with bible verses below
Powerful prayer to fight and overcome Depression
A Prayer Against Depression
“Heavenly Father, please strengthen our hearts, and remind us to encourage one another when the troubles of life start to overwhelm us. Please guard our hearts from depression. Give us the strength up to rise up each day and fight against the struggles which seek to weigh us down. Amen.”
- 60 Powerful Bible verses about answered Prayers
- 25 powerful comforting prayers for grieving parents with Bible verses
- bible verses about anxiety and depression.
A Prayer When You’re in Darkness
The darkness has taken hold of me and I can’t find my way back to the light. At this moment, ending it all seems like the best option, the only option, the only way to escape. Yet, there is something in me that wants your light to snuff out the darkness. So I ask, Lord, that you would do just that. You are the only light that can shine in the darkness. I know when I’m consumed with thoughts of death I’m believing lies from the enemy. I ask Lord that you would remind me of these truths: when I feel alone, you are with me; when I feel invisible, you see me; when I feel worthless, my value is knowing you and being known by you. Amen.
A Prayer For Escaping the Pit of Depression
“Lord, it seems as if my world has collapsed, hurling me into a deep, dark pit. I come to you in complete surrender. I am desperate for you, helpless and afraid. Please lift me out of this pit and show me the way, Lord. In Jesus’ name, Amen” – Mary Southerland
A Prayer for the Desire to Live
I often feel out of place in this world. I don’t fit in and I’m not sure I want to. Remind me that this world is not my home and while, as your child, I will never fit in here, my time here isn’t over. Not yet. Please, give me the desire to live. When I feel like I don’t matter, remind me that I was created with a purpose. When I don’t know or understand why I feel the way I feel – remind me that you know the depth of pain in my heart, in my body, and in my being. You know me better than I know myself… and yet you still love me.
Prayer for Those Struggling with Depression
God bless all who are battling those inner demons of depression, loneliness, unworthiness, and hopelessness. Shine Your warm Heavenly Light down upon all of us, Lord, who are looking for our soul mates. Guide us to find peace, happiness, and contentment in our lives and within ourselves. Amen.
Prayer For Overcoming Depression
Dear Lord, I am suffering from depression and anxiety disorder. Thank you for giving me the medical attention that has helped place my soul back into my skin. Give all of us who suffer this stress the courage and strength to trust you and allow the Holy Spirit to guide us. You love and through your love all things are possible. In Jesus’ name, we praise you. Amen.
A powerful Prayers for Battling Depression
- Dear Heavenly Father: Thank you for your constancy, even in the face of everything changing. ( Hebrews 13.8) I am grateful that you are steady, even though it is so difficult for me to feel stable. It feels like Satan is whipping me around. Please support me, protect and allow me to stand. 1 John 4:14; Psalm28:7
- All of creation is cursed because sin entered the world. ( Romans 8.22) This is why I struggle both physically and emotionally. You are so kind to make my body work and send me warning signs that tell me I need your help. My brain and emotions tell me right now that something isn’t right.
- Help me find out if my depression is caused by something physical. Help me to look at my situation and determine if I need to make changes. Please bring to my attention any spiritual battles that may be causing depression and help me find the best way to win it.
- Please direct me to the right place for help. Thank you for understanding my feelings ( Hebrews 4:15), as well as the fact that Your Word tells you that Your Son also went through difficult times emotionally. His emotions were often deep and he was sometimes distressed, grieved, lonely, sad, and isolated after John’s death ( Matthew 14.13). He cried out in prayer (Hebrews 5 :7-9), and he felt overwhelmed (Isaiah 53 :3). He was so afraid that his body would not be able to bear the pain he felt, there was even an instance when he thought his body might die. ( Matthew 26.38).
- I beg You to send someone to bear my burden. ( Galatians 6.2) I thank you for reminding me again how weak and for the body Christ has provided to help us bear our burdens when we are too tired to do so alone. I need someone to help me. I can wrap my arms around their neck and walk with them until I’m strong enough. ( Ecclesiastes 4 :9
- We are grateful for your grace. Hebrews 4:6 I pray that You use this time of trial to help me grow closer to You and to give You the glory for all that I do. ( James 1 ) I am grateful for the way you will use this time in mine and for the support you have given me through my depression. I am grateful that Your weakness has manifested itself as depression. This allows You to bring more of Your image into your life. Galatians 2; Galatians 4 :19
- You are my strength, and I am grateful for that. Because I am Your child I am defined by the work You did on the cross. Christ’s death on the Cross means that I can get up every day and live my life knowing that, no matter how I think, feel, or say it, the cross will cover it. Because You gave Your beloved Son, I can have peace and be able to face each day with new hope and grace because You made it possible for me. Let me be a focus on the truth and not on my feelings. Help me to see the cross as a reminder of what it means for me every day.
- Allow me to see my weaknesses as a gift. Remember that even though I feel weak and unable to do anything, my weakness allows you to work through me. ( 2 Corinthians 12.9) I ask that You would expand my heart so that I can love and obey You and also love more deeply others. ( Psalms 119:32, Galatians 6; 2 Corinthians 1;3-4). Amen.
Prayers to Put Your Cares on Him
Generous and loving father who is The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords
Today, I stand before you I can’t help but be selfish, Save me, Lord You stated in your words that I should turn all my problems on you, Therefore, I believe in your word and trust you with my life.
Help me get rid of my anxiety and worries, Your powerful force, the Holy Spirit, will strengthen me
All my steps should be directed, Fill my heart full of joy and happiness
Bless me with peace of mind, Jesus, I am grateful that you answered my prayers. Amen
Prayer to Keep strong and be of good cheer
Great Lord Your name is a blessing to my heart.
Father, Only you can help me, You told Abraham, that there was nothing too difficult for God.
You have the infinite power to heal and save me. Fill my heart with joy, love, and happiness.
Eliminate sorrow and other afflictions from my life
You stated that sorrow will last for a while but that joy comes in the morning.
Open the gates to Heaven and show me your unconditional love, While times can be hard, I know I will prevail.
You said in your words, “Be cheerful; I have conquered the world.”
Thank you, my loving father, for fighting every form of depression in my life. Amen
The Devil is Here To Steal, Kill and Destroy
Father, I pledge myself to you, Protect me and my family from the evil hands of the devil
These are the end times. However, we have faith in your ability and capability to heal the oppressed
Even in my darkest hour, I know that you are there for me.
Gracious God, I am coming to you with a heavy soul, I will rest in your bosom
You will remove all my misery and despair.
Your word can fill my mind with the power of your words
As always, I will be stronger to love you and serve you.
So, I ask you to give me joy and peace from Heaven. Amen
You will overcome depression because you are precious to God (Let us pray)
Dear Lord, Please remember my needs and come to me’s aid and Restore my happiness by removing depression from my life, You stated in your words that you consider me precious and are honored in your eyes
Make a way even when it seems impossible.
In the face of impossible odds, create a path, Lord, I trust completely in your promise
You are my rock and I trust you with everything.
You will surely answer my prayers, I am certain. Amen
Bible verses to over Depression
It is important to Understand God’s Hope and seek Help for Depression. God knows your journey is not easy, but He wants you to hold onto hope because He is there for you and has a plan for you. He cares about you and he will see you through the darkness to a brighter tomorrow. Here are some Bible verses about depression filled with God’s promises to give you hope.
I am worn out from my groaning. All night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes. Away from me, all you who do evil, for the Lord has heard my weeping. The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer.
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? Look on me and answer, Lord my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,
Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
You keep track of all my sorrows.You have collected all my tears in your bottle.You have recorded each one in your book.
Psalm 69: 1-3
Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me. I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched. My eyes fail, looking for my God.
Answer me, Lord, out of the goodness of your love; in your great mercy turn to me. Do not hide your face from your servant; answer me quickly, for I am in trouble. Come near and rescue me.
I cried out to God for help; I cried out to God to hear me. When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands, and I would not be comforted.
This I know: God is on my side! I praise God for what he has promised; yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Will the Lord reject forever? Will he never show his favor again? Has his unfailing love vanished forever? Has his promise failed for all time? Has God forgotten to be merciful? Has he in anger withheld his compassion? Then I thought, To this I will appeal: the years when the Highest stretched out his right hand.I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds. Your ways, God, are holy. What god is as great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples.
Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word, I put my hope.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Hold On, God Cares
these Scriptures unveil More promises of God’s deep love for you and desire for you to have an abundant life.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Lamentations 3: 22-23
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
The thief [Satan] comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I [Jesus] have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Comments are closed.