Here’s 38 scriptures for a sound mind, secret and how to get a sound mind against anxiety, fear and depression
Are you struggling with anxiety fear and depression and you’re in need of sound mind?
Worry no because you’re on the right post as you’re going to get scriptures for a sound mind against anxiety, fear and depression and to have sound mind.
The post carries the following sub topics;
- Secret of a sound mind
- How to have a sound mind
- Scriptures for a sound mind
God designed and created man for a destiny of honour with a sound mind and not fear and anxiety.
God’s intention for His children is a life of glory, honour with sound mind and not shame and reproach.
The way light handles darkness is the same way that healthy mind handles shame.
And today you’re going to regain back your sound mind.
Check out: bible scriptures about hope in hard times
Secret of a sound mind.
Find out the secret of sound mind
1. The Presence of God (Psalm 96:6):
The Presence of God carries glory and honour with sound mind.
Any carrier of the Presence of God is a possessor of sound mind. You do not need to beg for sound mind if you carry God’s Presence.
God’s Presence on your life is a stamp of boldness.
2. The right mind-set (Psalm 49:20)
It is mindset that determines outcome in life. You must understand that you are in honour; a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar person, that should show forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter2:9). But when you do not have this understanding, you perish like the beast of the field.
Read more: 30 scriptures about thanksgiving
How to have a sound mind
Here’s a how you can have a sound mind.
1. Always camp around the Presence of God through the study of the Word, prayer and worship.
2. Develop a sense of self-worth; do not allow anyone to look down on you.
Also Read; 15 prayer for healing of sickness with scriptures.
38 scripture for a sound mind
1. “No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn.” – Isaiah 54:17 (NASB)
2. “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” – James 4:7 (NIV)
3. “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” – 1 John 4:4 (NIV)
4. “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. – 2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)
5. “For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” – 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
6. “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely , whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.” – Philippians 4:8 (NIV)
7. “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.
But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” – 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)
8. “I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.” – Psalm 34:4 (NIV)
9. “(The devil) He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” –John 8:44
10. “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.” – Luke 10:19-20 (NIV)
11. “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.” –Romans 12:2 (NIV)
12. “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” – John 10:10 (NI V)
13. “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” – Romans 10:17 (KJV)
14. “What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” – Romans 8:31 (NIV)
15. “These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the spirit. But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.” – Jude 1:19 – 21
16. “He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all–how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?
17. “Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” – Matthew 17:20
18. “The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.” – Psalm 34:17 (NIV)
19. “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” – Galatians 5:1 (NIV)
20. “He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all–how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?” – Romans 8:32 (NIV)
21. “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” – Proverbs 4:23 (NIV)
22. “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” – John 8:36 (NIV)
23. “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart…” – Psalm 91:1-4 (NIV)
24. “This is what the LORD says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army.
For the battle is not yours, but God’s.” – 2Chronicles 20:15 (NIV)
25. “Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.” – Psalm 55:22 (NIV)
26. “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” – Romans 12:12 (NIV)
27. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 (NIV)
28. “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” – Galatians 5:1 (NIV)
29. “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” – Mark 11:24 (NIV)
30. “The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom.
To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.” – 2 Timothy 4:18 (NIV)
31. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” –Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)
32. “For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.” – Romans 6:14 (NIV)
33. “Call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.” – Psalm 50:15 (NIV)
34. “For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” – Colossians 1:13-14 (NIV)
35. “Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you.” – Deuteronomy 3:22 (NIV)
36. “Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” – Hebrews 4:16 (NIV)
37. “ Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.” – Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
38. “ Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”– Ephesians 6:10-12 (NIV)
- 10 Prayer points for children with bible verses
- 20 Prayer points for mercy and favour
- 40 Bible verses about love of God
- Bible Verse For Strength And Healing
Compiled above are 38 scriptures for a sound mind, secret of a sound mind and how to get a sound mind.
Study and mediate on them and watch depression flee from you.