Children are God’s precious gifts which is why Proverbs 22:6 makes it clear that the way a child is trained is the way he/she would go in life. Here are 10 Prayer points for children with bible verses to help your children grow in the way of the lord.
As parents, Praying for your children and teaching them how to pray is very important.
As a result, we have put together some children’s prayers with bible verses that you can use to pray for your children and meditate on.
To have fewer worries over the children, parents need to pray to God for several things.
Listed below are 10 Prayer points for children that will guide you as you pray for your words for several things as they grow up.
God is happy when a child is communicating with him and it’s the joy of parents to see their children pray to God.
10 Prayer points for children with bible verses
Use these prayers for your children and teach them to pray and personalize it and for themselves.
1. Prayer for God’s Favour, wisdom, and understanding
Father, let my children find Favour before you and before men.
I pray that you will bless them with the spirit of discernment and understanding.
I pray that they will be skillful and full of God’s wisdom.
They will have the competency to learn what they need to know to excel in life in Jesus Name. Amen.
Bible verse: Dan 1: 4/17 and 20.
2. Prayer for children to be obedient to the will and plan of God for their lives
Father, I pray for my children today that they will conform to your will in everything they think and do.
they will know and always learn to follow your plan for their lives and make a habit of doing the things that are pleasing to you. Amen.
Bible verse: 1 John 2:1, 3:2.
3. Prayer for children’s health
Father, just as you have promised in your word, let every form of sickness and disease be far away from my children, and by your mercy and grace, I shall not bury any of my children thereby leading to the fulfillment of their days in Jesus Name. Amen.
Bible verse: Exodus 23:25-26.
4. Prayer for safety and protection
Lord, I commit my children into your hands so that they will be protected under your wings. Lord, please be their refuge and their fortress. I pray that no evil shall befall any of my children neither will any plague come near them.
I pray that you will keep them and be with them when they go out and when they come in.
You will protect them with your angels in all their ways.
I pray that you will be with them in any trouble they find themselves in and deliver them out of it. And that you will bless
them with long life and show them your salvation in Jesus Name. Amen.
Bible verse: Psalms 91
5. Prayer for children’s salvation and knowing the word of God
Father, help my children to desire to know you, read and understand your holy scriptures so as to enable them to make wise decisions unto salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.
Then grace to love your word and for it to dwell richly in their hearts in Jesus Name. Amen.
Bible verse: Timothy 3:15, Col. 3:16.
6. Prayer to be rooted in God’s love
Lord, let your love dwell in their heart so that they may be able to trust you completely. Let them have a personal experience of your love so that they may be able to understand the depth of your affection for them and therefore be rooted in your love, in Jesus name. Amen.
Bible verse: Ephesians 3: 17 – 18.
7. Prayer for children to honour their parents
Lord, I pray that you grant my children the heart to obey and honour us, their parents, always. So, that everything will be well with them just as you promised in your word. And every other blessing that comes with honouring parents may follow them all the days of their lives in Jesus Name .
Bible verse: Ephesians 6:1, Col. 3: 30.
8. Prayer for children’s peace
Father, I pray that my children shall know peace in life. Help them always to learn how to follow and obey your instructions and your word. They will find peace, no matter what comes their way. Your peace that is beyond human understanding you will give to them in Jesus Name.
Bible verse Isaiah 54:13, John 16: 33.
9. Prayer against fear
Lord, the world we live in today is full of fear and uncertainty.
But, Lord, I pray that you will help these children to be strong in you. Take away all their fears, the ones I know and the ones they might not say out. I pray that you will make them as bold as a lion and you will be their confidence in Jesus Name.
10. Prayer to know Christ as the all in all
Father, I pray that my children will know Christ and that they will be able to do all things through Him. I pray that Christ will be their all in all and they learn to put their complete trust in Him in Jesus Name.
Thank you because I know you love them more than I can imagine and your thoughts towards them are higher than my thoughts. And these thoughts are of good and not of evil to give them hope and a future. And because of all these, I thank you that you will do beyond what I have asked for in Jesus Name.
How to pray for children with bible verses
Prayer is an important aspect of a child’s spiritual development. It helps them communicate with God and develop a personal relationship with Him. As parents and caregivers, we can guide our children in developing a strong prayer life by teaching them key prayer points. Here are 10 ways to pray for children, along with corresponding Bible verses:
- Praying for wisdom and understanding: Proverbs 2:6, “For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.”
- Praying for protection: Psalm 91:11, “For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.”
- Praying for guidance: Proverbs 3:5-6, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.”
- Praying for strength and courage: Isaiah 41:10, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- Praying for forgiveness: 1 John 1:9, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
- Praying for healing: Isaiah 53:5, “But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him, and by His wounds we are healed.”
- Praying for peace: Philippians 4:6-7, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- Praying for provision: Matthew 6:25-26, “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.”
- Praying for salvation: Romans 10:9-10, “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”
- Praying for thankfulness: Colossians 3:15, “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, for as members of one body you are called to peace. And always be thankful.”
Encourage your children to memorize these verses and make them a part of their daily prayer time. Teaching children to pray and providing them with the tools to do so is a great way to help them grow in their faith and develop a strong relationship with God.
Listed Above are 10 Prayer points for the children with bible Verses.
Children are gifts from God and they need Prayer for protection and preservation from all kinds.
Pray for them and teach them how to pray for themselves.