10 Bible verses about humility
Its clear from scripture that God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble, on that, 10 bible verses about humility has been listed below but before then, How can we know that we are living in humility and ready to receive God’s blessings?
Before jumping to bible verses about humility, what is humility.
Humility is a very important virtue every Christian must have, but you need to possess it in a way that glorifies God.
It is the ability to be without pride or arrogance and it is a main character that should be seen in those who follow Jesus Christ. Jesus is the best example of someone who humbly followed God’s plan for His life.
1. Philippians 2: 3-11 : Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men…
2. James 4:6 : But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
3. Luke 14: 11 : For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
4. Proverbs 22:4 : The reward for humility and fear of the Lord is riches and honor and life.
5. 1 Peter 5:6 : Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt
READMORE:What is The Bible Verse About Love
6. Romans 12:3 : For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than
he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.
READ: 10 things the Bible says about anger
7. Colossians 3:12 : Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.
8. Proverbs 11:12 : When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom.
9. 1 Peter 5:5 : Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
10. Jeremiah 9:23 : Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in
his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches,
Comments are closed.