Ways to avoid sexual temptation as a pastor, priest or as a christian are broad but we will be highlighting on eight (8) points today.
Men of God (pastors, priests) fall into sexual temptation because they’re entrusted with a huge responsibility, which is the church, the body of Jesus Christ.
To avoid sexual temptation as a pastor or christian, one need to be extra careful in many ways. over trusting should be one of the major point, although Trust is a Christian standard but when it comes to sin do not overtrust people or even ourselves.
Men of God are held to a higher standard, and expected to live pristine, holy lives, worthy of emulation.
- Can Sex Before Marriage Be Forgiven?
- How To Overcome Sexual Temptation In Relationship As Youth
- FORCES OF FORNICATION / ADULTERY.
These expectations, combined with the Devil’s pitfalls, is no easy feat.
Sexual sin is one of the many ways used to destroy a lot of men, and below are some of the:
Ways to avoid sexual temptations as a pastor, priest or any minister in the body of Christ.
1. Do not over trust yourself: just like we saw above, Trust is a Christian standard but when it comes to sin do not overtrust yourself. Some people around you are not looking for Christ but you. Be discerning. Do not even trust yourself.
2. Do not Idolize your looks: There are pastors who still hold on to their power of idolizing people of the opposite sex by their looks or status. You are a servant of God but still “feel” yourself. This leads to sexual sin.
3. Fight your impulses by seeking better interests, hobbies, focus and passions.
Colossians 3:1-2 says: “Seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth”.
ALSO READ: Consequences of sex before marriage
4. Talking to members of the opposite sex at odd hours should not be practiced: science has discovered that When you call a woman at midnight and she speaks sleepily you see her image in bed because the mind works in pictures. therefore, Do not call members of the opposite sex during late hours. If urgent, be mindful of questions you ask and the words you render.
5. Be accountable to a like-minded mentor: This person or people should be approachable and of the same faith, as you. “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God”(Colossians 3:16 ).
6. Consider the consequences: A lot of mistakes are made because people do not consider the consequences of their actions. Doing this reduces the chances of falling into temptations or going through with the sinful deed. “Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Cor. 6:9-10, NIV). Some may try to justify their actions by counting on the forgiving nature of God.
Galatians 6:7-8 (NIV) tells us: “Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.”
7. Avoid unnecessary human contact with ladies.
8. Never counsel or visit women alone: do not visit a woman/ opposite sex alone, going for visitations alone should be avoided.
ALSO READ: Immorality — A Sign Of The End Time
People of God, Let us submit to God so we can conquer this world, let ask The Holy Spirit to help us to walk in His path, living right is possible.
I believe these will help us to avoid sexual temptation as a pastor or priest.